The Art of Persuasive Emails
Links Mentioned on the Show:
- Itay gives background on who he is and what he does (1:35)
- “How do you approach copywriting?” (2:10)
- Jeremy and Itay talk about questions Itay asks when customers come to him (3:45)
- What problem and who does it solve for? (4:30)
- What is the benefit?
- What does it not do?
- What assets exist?
- Why are you doing this?
- What makes you different from your competition?
- Why should a client want to hear from you?
- Itay talks about learning more about the person and weaving that into the copy (6:00)
- Turn mistakes into a lesson and people will listen (7:20)
- “What happens when you get stumped?” (7:51)
- Why Itay gets stuck (8:50)
- Inspiration notepad (9:37)
- Itay explains his thought process when writing involving the big idea (10:45)
- Emails (11:45)
- Jeremy touches more on email lists (12:45)
- “What is your flow for putting together an email?” (14:00)
- Leap-year example (15:35)
- Jeremy talks about one of his favorite examples in email (16:50)
- More about the leap-year example on action taking (17:35)
- Keep giving them value even if they are not ready (19:40)
- Different types of emails (20:30)
- Photo blog emaple (21:35)
- Itay talks about how many emails are too much (23:17)
- All about imprints (23:57)
- The sweet spot (25:50)
- Segmenting (26:20)
- Ask people how many emails you should send out (27:15)
- Stats you should know about email and social media (29:20)